FACIAL SKIN PROBLEMS DURING COVID-19
SKIN PROBLEMS BY WEARING A MASK
Mouth and nose masks play a crucial role in reducing the spread of the SARS-Co-V-2 virus. Wearing a mask can be hard on the skin. A variety of problems can occur, ranging from acne and scaling to rashes and itching.
HERE ARE 8 TIPS THAT CAN HELP YOU AVOID OR REDUCE MASK WEARING PROBLEMS
- Cleanse and moisturize your face daily. Gentle care can prevent skin problems
- Dry skin is a common skin problem with face masks. Applying a moisturizer adds a protective layer that can reduce dryness. Apply this cream immediately after washing your face. Apply a moisturizer before and after wearing a mask
- To avoid pimples, make sure you don't use a cream that is too greasy. Don't wear makeup if you're wearing a mask. Under a mask, makeup is more likely to clog your pores and turn them into pimples.
- Do not use skin care products that may irritate your skin. Wearing a mask, even for a short time, can make your skin more sensitive.
- Wear a tight-fitting, yet comfortable mask. A snug, comfortable mask also reduces skin problems. If the mask is too tight or slips down your face, it can irritate your skin.
- Use a mask made of a good fabric. Avoid synthetic materials like nylon or polyester on the layer that rests against your skin. Wash your cloth masks to remove oils and skin cells. These skin cells and oils can cause a skin problem.
- Find a mask that fits well behind the ears and is not too tight.
- Take a 15-minute mask break every 4 hours.
Follow a gentle skin care routine. Skin care plays an essential role in healing your skin.
- Acne: Wash your face after wearing a mask and be sure to use a non-comedogenic (pore-clogging) moisturizer after washing.
- If your face mask causes new acne or makes your acne worse, see a doctor to treat the acne.
- Irritated skin: Apply petroleum jelly to the irritated areas of your face before going to bed.
- Sore spots behind your ears: You have several options.
- If possible, alternate mask types. Look for masks with different types of earrings and wear a different type of mask each day.
- If you must wear the same type of mask every day, try wearing a button headband so you can wrap the earrings around the buttons.